Sniff Sniff...The A6 is going

Tis a sad day for me tomorrow..

My A6 1.8T SE Multitronic is going tomorrow to be replaced by a Chrysler Voyager....

Why oh why couldn't they make an A6 MPV

Just found it difficult trying to get wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs and luggage into the old saloon....

Reply to
mrliam

Would the new Q7 work for you?

Reply to
Peter Bell

What about an Avant with a trailer/roofbox for the luggage. Surely you don't need the full capacity all the time.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

And a lottery win :-)

Reply to
mrliam

Unfortunately I have been spoilt by what I think was a bargain..

Bought my Saloon in Apr'03 for £16500 from a main dealer with 12,000 on the clock, it has the 6 disc changer, rear side blinds and rear electric sunblind.

It's been a great car and the Multitronic box is amazing, the engine being only a 1.8 amazed me with its pulling power and turn of speed, ok it could be more powerful but we never have enough power when we need it no matter what we drive.

I looked at the used Avants but they are all diesel and very few are automatic, I feel that if you have a big luxury car the only box to have is an automatic. Besides 2 of my kids use booster seats so they can see out of the windows and the 3rd kid is in a baby seat and the back seat of the car is very cramped, so another A6 was not really an option I need width / space plus an MPV is a wee bit more versatile.

Maybe in a few years time when the Q7 comes onto the used market and the prices are reasonable I may get back into Audi...

Or I could divorce the wife sell the kids and dogs and live on my own and get an RS6 all to myself

Reply to
mrliam

Reply to
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net
[Snip]

Speak for yourself - I usually find the RS6 to be adequate!

[Snip]

I assure you that it would be worth it! ;)

OTOH, get the RS6 and drive it hard (with the kids and wife on board). You'll probably find that she initiates the divorce (if she's anything like my wife)! ;)

Reply to
Peter Bell

It seems a good time to change as its due a 36,000 service in a few weeks which no doubt would be £500 + and just on the way to work this morning I got a stone chip on the screen which could mean another £100 + repair / replacement, and the back suspension has started to creak like mad when you get into the car, and the Road tax is up....

Reply to
mrliam

Missing the car already and I only got rid of it last night....

Should have picked up my Chrysler Voyager last night but due to a c*ck up with the bank the funds weren't ready, so the dealership lent me a PT Cruiser... What a horrible little car it is...Not fully convinced the steering is connected or there is pistons in the engine.......

Miss the power, the ride, the auto box :-(

Reply to
mrliam