Socket For Loosening Caliper Bolts On 2000 Audi A4?

Anyone know off the top of their head what type of socket is needed to loosen the caliper bolts on the front wheels for a 2000 Audi A4? They are covered by a protective rubber boot that hides the bolt head from
view.
Thanks in advance.

Haynes does not say what size and there are 2 systems used between '95 and 2000
1. The ATE/Teves system uses an Allen Bolt so the wrench is most probably metric (German) As for the size I'm guessing it will be between 1mm and 20mm.
2. The Lucas system uses a bolt so again metric with the same guess as 1.
dj
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:58:35 +0000 (UTC), "Tonka"

squid wrote:

Yes, 7 mm is used on my 2001 A4 Avant as well (ATE/Teves), this being the very last B5 - old chassis - model. 7mm is available as an Allen key socket on 1/2 inch drive.
<OT> for completeness' sake it can be mentioned that the A4 *sedan* of same year uses the B6 chassis) </OT>
The slide pins for the back brakes on the same car are removed via the use of two crescent wrenches, one is 13mm, can't remember the size for the other.
/Robert