Sound signal in BMW

Sometimes I can hear a short sound signal in my car. This usually happens soon after I start the engine. Once it happened about 1 minute after I switched on the headlights while driving.
What can this be?

That's the built-in warning you're about to be run over by an S6
AK wrote:

Could be the temp warning signall you are hearing, anytime the temperature outside the card goes to 37 degrees F, you'll get a short beep and the outside temp reading will be flashing 37 degrees
AK wrote:

It's the sound that reminds you you're driving a poseur BMW and should be driving an Audi.
;-)
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA