Source for parts?

My 2000 A4 1.8tQ tiptronic now has 81K miles. Although the manual from the dealer says that the timing belt should be changed at 120K miles, after reading the newsgroup about early failures, I'm starting to lose some sleep.

Time for a timing belt, tensioner, roller, water pump, thermostat,

Drop the oil pan and replace transmission filter, put in new oil in differentials.

Although there is a myriad of potential sources out there, whom do you suggest (other than the dealer)?

BTW, what is the suggestion for transmission fluid? Pentosin

Reply to
David

Paul Norris

Hi,

I have used

and
in the past. Both are good but I think that ECS is better. They have everything you need. I just changes my ATF fluid. I used the Pentosin sold by ECS. They say is matches the Audi code. So far no problems but too soon to tell.

Simon

Reply to
Simon