Speakers in Audi 80

I own a 1994 Audi 80 Avant and have found that the front speakers in the dash crackle and pop and the rear speakers don't work at all.
How do I remove the speakers in order to replace them?
Regards
Rob
Robert Newton wrote:

It's probably the audio system, not the speakers.
Jim
Thanks for your advice, but I would like to upgrade the speakers at some point as well, so knowing how to get them out would be advantageous.
Is there an easy way to test the head unit?
Regards
Rob

Robert Newton wrote:

Check out Crutchfield.com, they have all that online. Take one of the working speakers and connect it to one of non-working feeds. If still no sound, it's not the speaker. It would be very unusual for a speaker to completely fail.