squeaky AC Heater fan in 97 A6, how hard to fix?

Lots of squeaking when the fan is turned on, varies with fan RPM. Sounds like a worn out bearing/bushing on the fan motor. How tough is this to access and lube or replace? I did this once on a Volvo 240 and I swear those Swedes built the entire car around the fan motor. It took MANY hours. Hopefully it isnt such a big job an the A6. Any advice appreciated.

Reply to
377