Stalling Audi A8 2.8 - 1998

Hello folks,
I've recently bought an audi A8 2.8 V6 from 1998. It has 199.000 km. Since 3 weeks orso it has the tendency to stall during breaking and slow
cornering. I noticed that it didn't do so if I had the airco on but when I turned it off it did start stalling again. Now the problem is that it starts to do the same even if the airco is on. It doesn't stall when the car is cold, only if it gets to workingtemperature. I've tried to look up some things on the net, but nothing helpfull found there. I went to the audi dealer yesterday. There were no faultcodes and after a testdrive they told me there was a part broken that would cost me 1.500 Euro's. That's alot of money. Is there anybody who has had the same problem with this type of engine and managed to get it fixed. Your help is much appreciated.
Thank you,
Eddy

And, pray tell, what part did they say was broken?

-- Jay. (remove dashes for legal email address)

They said something about replacing the ECU, is that possible? But 1 testdrive, no faultcodes on the computer and then telling me it's so expensive without any other test or what so ever. Seems to me my dealer is trying to rip me off :-S
Eddy
--
"To download is human, to share is divine"

ThE-EdGe wrote:

Either a rip off or incompetence.
ECUs are VERY rarely a problem.