Steering Noise

Hi Guys,

My 2002 1.8T Quattro A4 is making a whining noise when I turn the wheel. The more I turn it, the louder it seems. Any Ideas what it might be?

Reply to
David McCracken

"David McCracken" wrote

The first thing to check would be power steering fluid level. If it's low, you need to add more, but also find out how it disappeared in the first place. If that's not it, then it's possible your power steering pump is damaged. This can often happen if you keep the steering wheel at full lock for more than 10-15 seconds.

Lastly, is this car no longer under warranty? Just take it to the dealer if it is.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete