Steering Rack Part No. Query (A100 T44)

I'm contemplating swapping the steering rack on my early 1988 UK A100 (split gaiter and leaks). I picked up a used replacement rack a while ago when one came up cheap, but the part no. is slightly different.
I'd really like to know if the replacement will fit before I attempt this job.
On car we have 444 422 065D, (ZF 7847 955 213), dated 10-87 Replacement is 444 422 065M, (ZF 7847 955 233), dated 03-90 They look similar, but the pipework is a bit different. I guess this could be swapped too.
For extra interest I took some photos...
http://www.ovalking.e7even.com/SteeringRackOnCarDrivSide.JPG
http://www.ovalking.e7even.com/SteeringRackOnCarPassSide2.JPG
http://www.ovalking.e7even.com/SteeringRackNew.JPG
Thanks, Gary
A number of people on the AudiWorld forum have access to EKTA and should be able to answer your question.
http://forums.audiworld.com/v8 /
Tony '91 100q 5spd