Stereo unlock code for Concert in 99 Audi A4

I need the stereo code to unlock my stereo in my 99 A4. I bought my car without the manual, so I don't have the code to unlock it (unplugged the battery now the stereo is on safe mode). I know the procedure to
unlock it, I just need the code. The stereo is the Concert radio/tape deck. The car is a Canadian 99 Audi A4 2.8L.
Any help would be great!
Thanks

I believe you will have to contact an Audi dealership and provide vehicle details first.

(it's not much of an anti-theft feature otherwise). Dealer enquiry, as already stated.
Ok well that's not too good for me because I don't have an Audi dealership in my city. Thanks anyways Mire wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Maybe if you contact Audi of Canada and ask what sort of documentation they would need to provide that info to you...?
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA
good idea I'll check that out thanks Dano58 wrote:

I dont know who it works in US/Canada, but here in Europe the car need to be physical connected up to the Dealers computer which then in turn is hooked to the Audi-computer-network in order to get the code. In addition you must provide personal identification (drivers license etc)
At least mine A6 1996 needed this procedure.
/jens

The Radio PIN codes can be computed :
http://www.radio-code.co.uk /
You may have someone doing this on your side of the pond

Thanks everyone, I called the Audi dealer, in the city where the car came from. The guy in the parts deparment gave me the code after I gave him the last 8 digits of the VIN number. So my stereo is unlocked. Thanks Alec wrote:

The radio code is displayed in VAG-COM software (at least for 2001 and 2004, since that's what I've tried it on). Try to find someone who has a VAG-COM unit to borrow.

Tony,
Would you mind posting (or emailing me privately) the measuring block, adaptation, or softcoding field with the radio code? I ended up providing VIN, bill of sales, drivers license etc. to my dealer for my '00 A4 only to have them tell me it was $50 to look the code up!
Thanks, Arthur
TonyKiz wrote:

Hi Arthur,
I'm sorry but I was remembered wrong. The Radio Code is always printed out on my Audi Dealer's Service Record, not on my VAG-COM. I don't know if that's standard operating procedure or just my dealer's way of doing it. Sorry for the confusion.
I'm appalled at your dealer's attitude. Do they expect you to come to them to buy your next car from them? This is probably something a service rep can do for you in a couple of minutes while he's waiting for cars to come in for service -- I think it's just a matter of looking in their database for the information. You might try to talk to the dealership's manager instead of the service department -- maybe he'd be more sensitive to the fact that this could make you decide where you will shop for your next car.
Tony
wrote in message

What is the serial number, Arthur?
I have access to 2 or 3 software programs that (may) provide your code.
BG