Swapping stock V6 on 96 A4Q with V8

Hi all, I need some help from those on this board who completed this project successfully. I want to buy a used 4.2L V8 and replace the stock V6 on
this A4. I don't even know where to start so I need your help on this one. How do I get started on this? Cost is always a concern. Thank you.
darock said -
.... Cost is always a concern. ------------------------ Then I would suggest you forget about it. The car wasn't engineered for a V8, so you'd have to do extensive work to make it fit. Even then, to make the V8 fit in the B6 A4 to create the S4, they had to re-engineer the engien to make it shorter, front-to-back.
I saw a while ago that you posted this question on another forum. Guess you didn't like the answers you got there! ;-)
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA