Tailgate Wiper Motor

Is the Tailgate wiper motor of a 98 A3 the same as the one in a Mk4 Golf?
From photos they look identical.
TIA
MC

mc wrote:

I believe so. IIRC when I bought a new one for my A4 I think it was listed as a Golf part.
Chris Bartram wrote:

Get a sedan / saloon......... :0)

Could someone explain the humor in this post?
As a Brit I must be missing something?
check the meaning wrote:

mc wrote:

What's "humor" ? :-)
I guess he means replace the car with a saloon then you dont have to worry about the rear wiper motor.

ou gussed right.