The new A6 unveils!

Page 3 of 4
Randy,
I also have driven the M45 and I love the way it drives, and also the equipment it comes with. But it is butt ugly, and that is the reason I would not buy it. But, the 2006 <possibly 2005> M45 is a
beauty. It was shown at the Tokyo auto show this year and it is the Fuga. That is the model they will be bringing stateside. If it has the same packages as the one I test drove, I will buy it, especially if they keep it at approximately the same price which was around $50,000.
HD
On 26 Feb 2004 04:53:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Randy S) wrote:

Is the M45 some new motorway north of London? Seriously, we Audi people are not very knowledgeable about BMW's internal numbers. Is that the new 3 series?
(Randy S) wrote:

live
http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,cid-32817_sctid-12001,00.html
That's the Infiniti M45. I've driven it, and it's fast. 340 horses. 33 ft-lbs of torque. It just isn't a beautiful car....
Randy

Buy an S4 right now for less money. Or an A6 2.7T S-Line. Hell, take out a home equity loan and plop down $86k for an RS6.
Steve,
As an Audi <2001 A6 2.7T> I really like my car, but the S4 is too small, plus I would rather buy the BMW M3 for a similar amount of cash. But The M45 is a mid-size, I think a little larger than the A6, and if I were going to plunk down 85-90 big ones, I would probably get the Merc E55 AMG. Sorry Audi guys <G>
HD
On 27 Feb 2004 02:02:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Steve Grauman) wrote:

I would too. There have been improvements made to your car for 2004, have you test-driven a new one?

I wouldn't. Rear doors, Quattro, superior track performance, a smoother ride, and a 0-60 time that's only about .02 slower than an M3 make the S4 good enough for me.

The rear seat in the M felt just as small as the A6s. Although it may be a larger car overall.

Oh well, that's why Baskin Robbins serves 31 flavors!

Actually, the M45 isn't selling well, so they are going for literally about $10,000 UNDER MSRP. You could pick one up for as little as $34K. Good deal for a near-4000 lbs luxury sedan that does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. (Motor Trend)
Randy
Randy,
As I have stated in a previous post, I drove the M45 and it is impressive, but butt ugly. The new M45 <Fuga> shown at the Geneva auto show hopefully will be here as a 2006 model or maybe even a 2005 model. If you have seen pictures of the Fuga, I would guess that it is a lot more attractive than the prior one. I will certainly give it a look once it arrives because if it has all of the options that were available on the 2003 model I drove, than I would be very inclined to purchase it.
HD
On 02 Mar 2004 17:44:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Randy S) wrote:

For that price, I'd take it!!
It might well be a London Motorway, but it is the Infiniti M45 <Fuga> in Japan.

JP Roberts wrote:

No, he's referring to the Infiniti M45. And I agree, it is butt-ugly.
-- Mike Smith
Thanks to all of you for the "enlightening". I don't think we get that here in the old continent.
JP Roberts

You are welcome. But isn't it "old europe" as oppsed to "old continent" <G>

Most of us colonialists do, but our much beloved Secretary of Defense calls it "old europe", go figure

The Old Continent is for us an establishment, and has been called so since time immemorial - i.e. long before Rumsfeld or any of his peers were born. The Old Country is how the first immigrants to the US used to call the country of origin of their much beloved ancestors.
But I have yet to see any serious Atlas that refers to any "new europe"?=?
However, I think we should follow your example on how united you guys stand. You know it's never been easy for the different countries in Europe to reach agreement on much. The Euro is probably a strong case of an exception.
JP Roberts

TBH, go and take a look. I haven't, but I'd reached the same decision with the old-model BMW 3-series Compact.
Then I saw one.. and then bought one
It "kinda" helped that it was about GBP 3500 cheaper than a saloon of the same performance ($6500). Took me a few seconds to even recognise it, in the flesh, when I first saw it at Brussels airport.
OTOH, a bad case of the uglies can often hit the resale value..
--

Hairy One Kenobi