The truth and nothing but....

Bought our first VW, 35k miles on clock, 5.5 years old.
The service books last entry was at 30k but it was not officially stamped. All items that were changed or inspected were ticked. From this I assumed
the owner had serviced it himself.
From this I decided to play safe and get it serviced and the book stamped.
I contacted 4, VW Service centres, all I assume had access to the VW data base cos all asked for the reg number.
Only 1 of the 4 informed me the data base showed the car HAD been VW serviced at 30K and the owner must have forgotten to provide them with the service book to stamp up.
So it does not need another service for 5K miles..............3 service centres were prepared to take my money and say nothing. One major VW dealership even said it was in need of a 40K service + four whatever that means. They were also the most expensive.
The utter indifference of the service centers never fail to amaze. Am sure it wasn't because they didnt have access to the database that they didn't check.
--
anish