thermocouple? 96 A4 Quattro

In my 96 2.8 Quattro, the front lower air dam got ripped off last year in a snow bank and there "was" a 2 lead wire sensor hanging down right below the
radiator. I had used a cable tie to keep it off the ground but it appears to missing now. I don't notice anything different, behavior wise or on the dash displays, anyone know what this sensor was for and maybe a part number so I could re-order it? Thanks

The sensor for outdoor temperature?
Ronald

The sensor for snow banks!? ;o) ...remember he hasnt seen any indications since it got ripped off. *g*
(offtopic...but hey - its friday *w00t!*)
--
Gio