thermostat switch 3 connections

I had to renew the thermostatswitch in the radiator of my Porsche 928 1978. It used to be a switch with 2 connections. The alternative part for this is
an Audi switch with 3 connections, apparently for 2 temperatures (as on my former Audi 90 2.6E). My Porsche only knows one speed for the fan so I want to connect it to the lowest temperature of the 2 available on the new switch. Which connections should I use?

Hi,
I don't know how they switch, but I would suggest you put a multimeter on it and heat it up (with a hair dryer on in near-boiling water. That way you should well be able to determine its switching behaviour.
Christoph

On the Audi 2,6E the first switch closes at 92-97 deg C and the second one at 99-105 deg C. The terminals on the switch should be marked "1" for the low temp, "2" for the high temp and "+" for the common terminal. Connect between "+" and "1".
Try Christoph's metode - put the thing in water and heat it up - the low temp switch should close before it boils (100 deg C)
Rgds
Jens