Timing belt change - 1996 Audi A6 (2.6 litre V6) - what's involved?

Having just bought one of these, I need to get the timing belt replaced soonish. Can anyone give me an idea of what's involved and the difficulty level? I've changed belts on the Audi 100 5-cylinder engines but this is totally different.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
John Prendergast

Yeah, I've done a few 5 cyl TBs on my T44s too.

Also helped my son change the TB on his 98 A4 2.8 30V.

If it is the same as the 30V you will need the special tool that locks together the cam pulleys to keep them in sync. Another special tool is a hardened bolt and pin that locks the crankshaft in place.

Parts: Water pump, TB tensioner pulley and Cam pulley seals are also a good idea because they are sometimes leakers.

It is quite a tight fit to get the job done. The whole front clip can be removed and rotated out of the way but I am not sure how to accomplish that.

Relax> Having just bought one of these, I need to get the timing belt

Reply to
Tony

Thanks for the hints. Is that 12 plus hours?

Reply to
John Prendergast

Try this link

quattro-v8