Timing belt on 1996 2.8

I am looking at a 1996 Audi A4 with a 2.8 liter engine. The car has 130,000 miles on it and has the original timing belt. The seller says the dealer
wants $900 to change it. How difficult is this belt and what special tools are needed. I have in the past been able to make cam tools for other cars that require alignment tools for the dual cams. Any help would be great thanks

130,000
130,000 miles on the original belt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This may help.
http://www.tomorrowstechnician.com/tt/tt50448.htm
Richard
Make sure you do the tensioner, roller, water pump and fron engine seals at the same time.

Be sure the new water pump has the metal vanes not the plastic ones that break and trash the timing belt and valves.
David wrote:

Thanks for all the help, How well do these cars hold up past 130,000 miles? Are they good for 200,000 without aot of work? I know thats a hard question to answer. The seller wants $3100, the car needs tires, timing belt ac work.

Knowing that it will cost you 2000$+ (jobber rate) a year to maintain it on the road, is it still appealing? I'd stay away.

130,000
tools

on
Who says it costs $2000 pa to run an Audi?
In 4 yrs I have spent less than 1500k @ 160k miles now
Ronny