Tiptronic and boat trailer

I´m planning to buy an A4 2,8Q -98 with tiptronic. Is there any problem to pull my boat trailer (1300kg with boat) out of the water or would a manual gearbox be better for this purpose?

Regards Bo

Reply to
BH

Check the load rating first. 3000 pounds translates to a minimum tongue weight of 300 pounds, which is pretty high for such a small vehicle, and if its filled with the kids heading to a day on the lake you may be over the limit.

Otherwise, you really don't want to put a clutch into this equation. Torque-multiplying slush boxes are the much better choice for towing boats up ramps when the prime mover is a relative lightweight (as in this case).

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper