Tiptronic gear oil change?

I'm considering changing the gear oil on my Tiptronic tranny (-98 A6 A/Q

2.8 - 77kkm). Haven't discovered any problems - just a precaution.

Local dealer tells me that there's no official changing interval and that they only change it "if the gearbox start slipping" or on other "symptoms". Any recommendations?

Reply to
Rune Skigelstrand

If you are planning to DIY be careful to read past threads on this.

There is no way to check the fluid level without a VAG system.

No filler on the top of trans.

17mm allen wrench to remove plate in bottom to fill by pumping the oil up / over a wall thingy.

If you drain the oil BE SURE to measure how much you remove to replace the same amount with the recommended oil.

This is NOT something that I would let someone mess with unless the are Audi mechs.

T> I'm considering changing the gear oil on my Tiptronic tranny (-98 A6 A/Q

Reply to
TonyJ

Thanks for the tip. I've seen the threads and decided that this oil change would be done by the dealer (I'm far too lazy anyway...).

I was more thinking of the necessity of changing the oil at all, since Audi don't recommend it. I guess it won't hurt, but is there any point in doing it at all?

Rune

-98 A6 A/Q 2.8 Tip

Reply to
Rune Skigelstrand

I wouldn't worry about it until twice your mileage.