To the owners of A6

I just wish the A6 tiptronic offered something closer to the 0.2 second tip shift in the higher end Euro sport cars. Seems like most the time our cars are closer to 3-5 times slower than that. Other brands measure and brag about their tip shift times. I haven't seen those numbers in any A6/8 brochure. But then the typical Audi customer is probably more concerned about the smoothness of the shift rather than the rate.

Reply to
Doug Haseltine

Yes Peter you are correct.

I was searching for a WRX when I saw the A4 on the lot. Just be opening the door and sitting on the drivers seat I was sold.

That it had tiptronic closed the deal.

Reply to
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net

The GIAC tip chip will take care of that nicely.

Reply to
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net

Well I have the tip chip already. Sure enough the shifting itself got faster. But the car still thinks about whether it should shift or not for nearly a second beforehand. I've heard some folks report that the GIAC engine chip in addition to the tip chip improves the response time a bit.

Reply to
Doug Haseltine

Why are you people giving me advices I did not asked for? And why do you care what I drive? And how come you have an opinion about the subject you have no idea about?

I do not care what you drive, just be happy with it. And why do you think even Cadillac is offering a stick shift in its CTS regardless of 50 years of technology? I'll tell you why. Because there is a number of people who knows the difference. I do not care how fast a slush box is able to shift, it is not about the shifting speed at all. It is about control, convenience, comfort and safety if you like, but I doubt that you'll understand. I do not want buttons, I want a real thing, pure and perfect.

Stay blindfolded if you like, I dont care.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Thank you, I've had a very good laugh.

Ironically the car is not even for me, it is for my wife. I'm quite happy with my two-seater, and not going to replace it in the nearest future.

But, I have a very bad news for you. I bought her a car, and it is an A6 with 6 speed. We also considered a BMW 530, which she liked the most, but in the area where we live having an AWD is a good advantage, and we decided to get this one. So, I might be insulting you guys once in a while:)

Thanks, Vlad

Reply to
KIP