Transmission Additives - Use? Don't use?

Any out owners out there use Automatic Transmission Additives on their older (1993) Audi's?
The book says don't use them, but what about when the car is is 13
years old?
Erik

My auto's a '93 A100 TDi with nearly 250,000 on the clock and I have no urge to poison it.
Are there any symptoms you feel need attention, or just a wish to fall for advertising guff?
--
Skipweasel
Fall for advertising guff, basically. Just kidding. I wanted to know if it makes a difference like BG44 or MAO, which both helped my car A LOT!