trunk lock won't release

So, this is a 98.5 A4 2.8Q, the best car I've ever had, and today I could not get the push button trunk lock to release the trunk. I had to put down the seats and get into the truck from the back seat to get my groceries out. The trunk is not locked, and I also couldn't get the key into the slot. Has anyone had this problem, and what's the solution?

We're having severe cold here (23F on a warm day) with snow and lots of road salt, and I'm sure something got into the lock. It's so cold here, though, that I'm not sure running the car through a car wash would help, but I may do that pretty soon anyway, as the car is definitely due. BTDT and other advice much appreciated.

Reply to
KLS

Get some Lock DeIcer from your local FLAPS.

That should defrost it and get it working.

Reply to
TonyJ