trying to change the blower motor for my heater.

I'm having a problem trying to get the blower motor out of my 1988 A80 Quattro (5 Cyclinder). The motor has been making horrible noises and the fan doesn't work until I set it to the fourth position on the dail. Can any
tell me how to replace the motor.

Are you sure it's the motor and not something obstructing the fan?
Just my thoughts,
Christoph