TT cold start problem

I'm having problems with my 2002 TT turning over on cold days.
Once it turns over, it will die right away. If I rev it high for a couple of seconds, it will stay on.
No problem if engine is warm, or it's not a cold day.
Any ideas?
Thank in advance.
Engine starts and dies out huh? I will ASSuME that the Engine Check light is not on. Maybe it needs a new Coolant Temperature Sensor for the fuel injection. Yours might be just slightly off.
--
later,
dave