TT experiences please

Hey all!
My son is thinking of taking the plunge and purchasing a used TT. He especially likes the quattro model however, the 4wd (AWD?) is not really
necessary in our part of the world. He likes it because it looks bad a_ _. Looks are no small part of the lure of this car as you know.
Good / bad recommendations? Certain years models to avoid? Performance difference between the NA and the turbo quattro? Reliability issues between NA and Turbo?
great websites?
Thanks in advance, Chris miatamaniac

I am a recovering MiataManiac that bought an '01 TT used last year. I love it. There are a couple of niggling little problems that the dealer has been kind enough to work on, mostly in the fit and finish area. Currently, the most annoying problem is in the electrical system. The flasher clicker has a mind of its own, occasionally, but quite frequently deciding to just click away madly, even when I haven't selected the turn signal. Once the turn signal is on, though, it works fine. I have the 225hp quattro coupe from that year. Although I have the quatrro, I don't really need it, but I make myself think that it helps me to get around corners faster. And it's fun to drive around with the windows down and listen to the turbo.
Websites:
http://www.audiworld.com / http://www.audittcca.com /
--
Bob R. Kenyon
Beautiful Downtown San Jose, CA

Although Quattro is superfluous in many areas it does have the advantage of a better rear suspension setup that gives better handling than the FWD version.
I assume when you talk about the NA version it's the 3.2 VR6 you're talking about. I don't think you have any particular worries about reliability except for the well known coil-pack issue on the 1.8T engine. From reading reviews etc the 225 1.8T version has very similar performance to the 3.2 but better MPG. So unless you son really wants a V6 he'd probably be better sticking to a 225. There's almost certainly a greater choice of used turbo models anyway