TT Jack Points?

Hi all, I am about to replace my stock wheels and tires with winter tires and after market wheels I got from Tirerack. I have an 01 TT QC.
I am planning on using the jack that came with the
car to raise the car enough for me to get my hydraulic floor jack and jack stands under the car.
Can someone please recommend the best jack points? I have been under the car while it was on a lift and I just can't find a place I am comfortable with.
Thanks in advance, ZP

Have you looked in the owners manual? They're usually pretty explicit about how to locate the lift points for the factory jack...
daytripper wrote:

Yes. I am clear on jack points for the factory jack. I wish to use a hydraulic jack with jack stands as well. Jack points other than those intended to be used with the factory jack are not included in the owners manual.
What I've done for my 1995 90Q it to make wooden "shoes" for my hydraulic jack.
Basicly, I have a pressure treated square of 2X4 that I cut a wide grove across the top, about half-way through the 2X4. I put the flat side down on the jack and rest the metal ridge under the car in the groove. That way the car gets a relatively soft contact surface that won't crush the ridge under the car.
Hydraulic jacks are cheap enough that I have two, one for each side of the car. I lift each side a little at a time until I can get the jack-stands underneath. I've made "shoes" for them too, used the same way.
Gene
wrote:

about
Gene wrote:

Gene, Nice idea. Thanks for the info!

grove
the
way.
Nice...but where do you put the jacks if the lift point is occupied by the jack, there doesn't seem to be any solid crossmembers, at least not on my A4. For once, there's ONE thing better about my 1990 Olds than my Audi.
Romy