TT Tyres ??

Help please!
Which tyres will give best performance on the TT ?
I have a coupe, 12 months old, with the original front tyres needing to be replaced in the next 2-3 months.
I am looking for better grip - not longer service.
Any thoughts much appretiated

There have been a few discussions on this subject in the TT forum:
http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/ttforumbbs / -- Doug Ramage
***Watch Spam Trap***

Bridgestone S-03, Michelin Pilot Sport 2, Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Toyo T-1S, just to name a few.
Cheers,
Pete

Bridgestone S-03, Michelin Pilot Sport 2, Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Toyo T-1S, just to name a few.
Just about to do similar - S03's work extremely well for me (tight bends and high acceleration. YMMV. But it's probably better than mine ;o)
What the heck - the fuel'll only just evaporate, anyway ;o)
S03's have a reasonable long-life pattern (unlike. e.g., Pirellis [dry.. fun.. damp.. tree.. bodyshop..]) They seem to wear a little in the centre when they're running /right/ down (up to the last few miles, the Audi tyre pressures have been about the best I've come up with)
ContiSports undoubtedly have a purpose on this Earth.
Anyone that can think of one involving a car, please post.. ;o)
--

Hairy One Kenobi

I've been running S03's for just over a year in New England. They are awesome as two-and-a-half-season tires, and the best summer tires I've ever run, period. That's forty years of rubber.
But they are barely acceptable as three-season tires, the compound is simply not made for temps below 40F.
And they are Imminent Sudden Death as a four season tire. On those really bright winter days when the snow and sand are off the roads and I go out to play, I'm praying it doesn't start snowing.
I wouldn't attempt to cross a level parking lot in an inch of snow with S03s...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd, and a trusty rusty Pathfinder :-)
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:59:20 GMT, daytripper

The Michelin Pilot Sports are also "ISD" on snow/ice. Been there swerved that. 4 x 0 = 0...but they are very nice in summer, spring and fall.
The Dunlop Winter Sport M2s are wonderful winter tires.
Has anyone used Kumho MX? I used the Ecsta Supra 712s on an A4 I used to have, and they were excellent, especially for the price.
Elroy 2000 S4
My father put brand new Dunlop tires on his A4 shortly before getting rid of it, and they were impressive. Although I'm partial to BfGoodrich's KD series tire, the best money can buy IMHO. It'll outperform most anything else, including more expensive product from the likes of Pirelli. If you live in the U.K. where I know the annual rainfall is high, you may want to look at the KDW series, which is the all-season variant of the KD I love so much.