Turbo dead on A4 2.5TDI

Hi,
It appears that the turbo is dead on my nov-2000 A4 2.5 TDI (I didn't overrev it or so). It has approx 110k miles on it. Does anybody know if this is common with these engines?
What's the average life expectancy of a turbo in the 2.5 V6 engine? What would a replacement be costing?
--
Dan

Dan wrote:

Why do you think the turbo is dead? If it's just poor performance, there can be many other causes (N75 valve, air-mass meter, vacuum pipes, brake lights disconnected (!)) and actual turbo failure is likely to show up in other ways, often involving smoke and oil loss.
On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:09:09 GMT, Chris Bartram

The power is lost after 2500rpm and we've changed and checked already a lot of things (like air-mass). We'll try another (used) turbo to make sure whether the turbo is really the cause of the troubles. There's no oil-leakage or smoke or so.
--
Dan

Check you ain't got an inlet hose collapsing.
--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

We've changed the turbo with another turbo (that works fine for sure) and the results stay (-> no power above 2500rpm). What else (apart from the already mentioned things) could be causing this lack of power?
--
Dan

"Dan" wrote

Did you get any error codes (DTC) when you connected the car to a VAG tool? What were they?
Pete

Problem is resolved. It was a turbopressure-valve that had to be replaced (in Dutch: turbodruk-regelventiel). Thanks for thinking along
--
Dan