turn off engine check light

Any one know how to turn off the engine check light on a 2001 A4 1.8 engine? I read from the previous posts that I can try turning it off and if it comes back up again means the issue still exist. Thanks for any
inputs. Hunter

It takes an intelligent tool connected to the OBDC connector to accomplish this - as well as dumping the Readiness codes to see what major malfunction was detected, and root causing that malfunction to a specific fault...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd - with a registered VAG-COM kit
........or you can buy one of these little boxes for about $40 - $50 that read the codes then do a reset.
Ken