turn signal flasher replacement

I would like to replace my turn signal flasher in my 2000 A4 Quattro. My haynes service manual is useless. Anybody know were the flasher is located and if it is somewhat easy to get to. By the sound of it it seems to be behind the center upper air vent above the radio. Any help would be great. Thanks

Reply to
tgenzi via CarKB.com

It's in the hazard warning switch. You need to replace the switch.

It's a common fault. It failed on me a couple of years back.

To replace it, you need to remove the trim (wood on mine) around it then pull the switch out and disconnect the connector.

forums for how to do it without breaking the trim. I did !!!!

Richard

Reply to
Rich G

Ricard thanks for the info greatly appreciated!

Reply to
tgenzi via CarKB.com