turn signal relay on 91 200

Has anyone had experience where their turn signals quit working completely w/ a 91 200? The fuse is good, the switch on the column is relatively new.
Both the turn signals and 4 way flashers are not working. My bentley manual says the flasher relay is located behind the guage cluster of the dash!? Any BTDT would be appreciated as I don't want to pull the dash. TIA. Andy
That is correct, it is behind the instrument cluster. You can partially remove the cluster itself enough to reach behind and change the flasher relay. No need to pull the dash.
--
Stephen Clark
I have not done that on a T44 so not sure. you should check history at AudiWorld V8 / T44 forum: http://forums.audiworld.com/v8 /
Stephen Clark wrote:

It sounds like you are chasing the correct source of the problem.
Removing the instrument cluster (IC) is quite easy on the '91 200.
Just under the lower edge of the IC is a trim strip in which you will find several screws (allen drive). Remove these and the IC will pull out and slide toward the center of the car. You will not need to remove the steering wheel or mess with the air bag.
Once the IC is out everything is very accessible.
TonyJ current 98 A4 1.8TQM APR previous: four T44s through '91 100