Turn Signals

I have an 2001 A6 2.7T and recently ran into a problem with my turn signals. All of a sudden, they don't workanymore. When I engage the signal,the lights d not blink but when I check outside the car, the lamp on the side that I switched to is on, ut notblinking.

First thought was to change the fuse, but when I putin a new one,it still would not work.

Questions, what, other than the fuse could be causing this ?

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Grandpamike

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 07:31:50 -0600, against all advice, something compelled Grandpamike , to say:

It's your emergency flasher button. Same thing happened with me '04 TT.

Reply to
Steve Daniels

The emergency flasher is working, that was the first thing I checked. How did you fix the problem ?

Reply to
Grandpamike

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 08:11:21 -0600, against all advice, something compelled Grandpamike , to say:

I took it to a dealership, and they replaced the flasher button. It's a well known problem. Dude had it diagnosed from the same description you are posting here.

Reply to
Steve Daniels

Steve,

Thanks. I took it to my mechanic and he said exactly the same thing and even knew the cost of the part. Will be taking it in tomorrow to have it fixed. Thanks again.

Reply to
Grandpamike