Type 44 -87 5KCSQ- Speedo Question

Any reason why the speedo still works while the odometer & trip doesn't?

Yes: the gears for the odometer have slid out of position in the VDO gauge. Very normal for such an old car. You could replace the entire VDO gauge, or look in the yellow pages under Speedometer Repair. I did the latter for my (RIP) 1985 4KS with good results.
Yes, my 1987 5000S had the same problem. A tiny cog slides sideways out of enmeshment. My garage pushed it back and tried to secure it with locktite - it failed a month later the same way. Good luck Plamen, Toronto

As the others have noted, it's probably due to a gear in the odometer sliding out of contact with a drive gear. Often happens when you reset the trip meter with the car moving - make sure you're completely stopped before pushing in the reset button. Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)