Type 44 self levelling suspension help

Previous owner had reversed the send/return pipes to the levelling valve causing "burst" shockers. I have replaced the shockers and for a few
moments, all was well but then the suspension went down and it seems as though the levelling valve doesn't change the height anymore (and worse, it's dribbling through the spindle).
I probably need a new one but does anyone know if it's possible to recondition these valves? Or better still, does anyone have a good one going spare?
The part number is 443 616 151 if it helps.
TIA IRL 1989 Audi 200 AQT 1B engine, 214000 miles and counting...
Sorry I can't help directly, only share experiences... There seems to be 2 types of problem with these valves. Either they leak or seize. On my '88 A100 CD Avant my valve was leaking very badly and the suspension used to sag down when not used. I replaced it with a second-hand unit as new ones are pricey. I never came across re-con units. The replacement unit was fine for a few months (if a little high in ride height) but then I noticed it was not compensating for heavy loads. Closer inspection reveals no leaks but that the spindle appears to have seized. I can't budge it and in fact the splines on the spindle have been broken off by the bracket moving on it. So no more self-levelling. If you decide to replace this valve be prepared to spend ages under the car. It's well difficult to get to - I was weeks doing the job!
Gary
IRL wrote:

Fortunately the valve on the quattro version is mounted on the opposite side of the rear axle and upside down which means it's very easy to get to all the pipework and securing bolts. I've bitten the bullet and ordered one from VAG since it turns out the quattro valve is slightly different to the non-quattro. The part number has an E tacked on the end. The chances of finding one second-hand are probably infinitesimal so didn't have much choice. 277 for quattro as opposed to 200 for non-quattro, that's an expensive 'E' :-)
It'll be worth it though, the car is absolutely brilliant otherwise.
IRL 1989 Audi 200 Quattro Turbo Avant (1B engine), 214000 miles and counting...