Tyre balancing...

is carried out at 200 rpm or so I assume as most balancing machines quote this in their spec.
My 16" rims have tyre OD's of 24" I calculate they are travelling at 14.28
mph during balancing.
Is this the ultimate speed for such a process. Or is this the safest speed for a tech to run a machine with such a large OD object. From my personal experience out of balance tyres always seems to occur between 60 and 70 mph.
dj

The balance shouldn't change significantly with speed. If it seems to, it might actually be tires that aren't perfectly round or centered. That could be a defect, damage, or temporary deforming after being parked.
--
I will not see your reply if you use Google.

In my experience, balance problems are down to poor workmanship on the part of the fitter. They've always been rectified by a second balancing visit.
Sure they go up to 300 RPM, and can resolve imbalances to 0.5g. So it's not how fast they can go, but how accurately they can measure.
Hunter Engineering -- why would you want anything less? http://www.hunter.com/PUB/product/balancer/4159T/4159T-02.htm