UK A6 2.8Q Tip - Starting Prob

Hi all, I have an 1999 A6 2.8 Quattro with Tiptronic. Ive had the car from new. Now got 100k miles on the clock.
Couple of questions for the group.
1. What should I be looking at replacing with this kind of mileage on the clock? (its full VAG service) I'm thinking here of shocks/coils etc The kind of stuff that gets "tired" with age/mileage.
2. Has anyone any experience of an LPG conversion with this engine?
3. I have an intermittent cold start problem. I say intermittent, its happened like 4 times in the life of the car, but it happened again yesterday. Symptom: Car turns over on the starter but will not fire, does not even splutter. Almost seems as if its turning with no plugs connected. The first time it happened I called out RAC. As soon as he seen the car his comment was, common problem and well known about. The cure by the way was to floor the accelerator and hold, while cranking the engine for about 45 seconds non stop. Engine then coughs and fires into life and is fine after that. I'm a bit worried about burning out the starter motor by keeping it under load for so long, not to mention the huge drain on the battery. Anyone have any similar trouble, and is there a fix? (VAG dealer said no trouble codes when it was checked)
Reply to the group please.
Ta, John.
Probebly leaking / dirty injectors causing flooding. Opening the throttle puts more air through and clears it.
Try a bottle of Tekron fuel injector cleaner.
John West Berks wrote:

1. I just did mine at 112K huge improvement
3. Common problem. Temp sensor in rear of block.Bad connection or bad sensor will cause car to turn over but not start.

from
does
connected.
his
after
I would agree that the Temp sensor is probably a better thing to do first before the Tecron that I suggested.