UK Audi A4 1.8T Sport...

Hi Folks,
I am looking for some advice. I own an Audi A4 1.8T Sport (2003 model). It is a lovely car and the uprated 1.8T is very sweet. However, I have a couple of issues:
1) When I pull away from cold there is a grinding noise. This only happens after the car is cold. I thought it could be handbrake but my dealer has checked that. The car has been back to the dealer on three occassions but they cannot find anything wrong.
2) When I first start the car from cold there is a booming noise from behind the dashboard. If I wait for the car to complete its checks then I do not hear the noise. I have the solar powered sunroof which drives the blowers on the car - could this be causing the problem? Again my dealer cannot find the reason.
Any ideas would be most appreciated.
Many thanks
Paddy UK