[UK] Part Exchange a NEW car?

Hi all,

I'm on the look out for an A3 1.8 T Sport (auto).

I've been offered a very favourable price (approx £15000) for a brand new car from Europe (UK spec) from a family friend. Its nearly everything I want in my A3 (see above), except its a 5-speed manual... and its blue (I'm after a silver/grey one). I wouldn't normally mind (having never owned an automatic before anyway), but the missus wants an auto, so I've compromised - that's why its a T Sport, rather than a SE :-)

Right.

Because its a very favourable price, would it be feasible for me to buy it anyway and then part exchange it at my local Audi dealer for a new A3 that matches my spec?

Reason behind it is... I make some sort of "profit" from the difference in price I bought the imported A3 and the price which I sell/px it for and therefore reduce the cost of the actual car I want to buy...

If so, what sort of price would UK Audi dealers give for a brand new imported car with delivery mileage?

Many thanks in advance, Al

Reply to
AS

I think the dealer will give you a very poor part-ex on an import. Some might refuse to take it. They don't like cars not sourced through the UK network, becasue they didn't make any profit on it.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I kind of thought so...

What sort of price would it (Brand new A3 1.8 T Sport) go for if I sold it privately?

Rgds/ Al

Reply to
AS

Dunno. Have a look at