Unresponsive TT

My sons TT is not as nippy as it used to be and the tick over seems a bit lumpy. Anyone had this problem?

swk, Does the computer show any stored error codes? Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

I remember having something similar. Changing the MAF unit (which turned out to be defective) made all the difference. I'm not an expert of what goes on under the hood though so others may have different suggestions.
Good luck! The TT is an awesome drive.