update on help with a '91 200TQ

I just wanted to thank everyone again who had responded to my last plea for help. I finally got the Bentley manuals for the car, pulled the codes that
were stored, and think (hope) I found out what the problem is. The code was 2322, Intake air temperature sensor. Reading the description, it does make sense, slight power loss (I wouldn't call it slight, but...), increase in fuel consumption (never noticed this, but quoting someone from this group a while ago, you don't buy an Audi for fuel economy). I checked the connections to the sensor, and everything looked ok (no cracked wires or anything), so I'm currently looking for a new sensor. I've gotten much smarterer in the last few weeks, and have searched the web for the part, couldn't find it listed anywhere, so I've emailed a few places to find out if they have it, just not on their sites.
Just a couple more questions for now. First off, does this sound like a reasonable cause for the problem I was having? (engine "cutting out" for a split second in low 2000 rpm range) Second, the instructions in the book seem really easy to do this myself, is this the case? Are there any hidden obstacles I should keep my eye out for? I've never soldered anything, in this a vital step, or should I practice soldering on some of my excess computer equipment before I attempt this? Any other hints that anyone would like to pass on?
Thanks again Bill
Bill, Put your eye back in....... Fixing what the computer tells you is broken is a good idea. Bentley should have a test for making sure that then sensor is toast - try that. After you have fixed it, try how the car runs and see if the computer logs any further problems, and chase them. If the sensor is anything like the one in my '87 5ktq (just located differently IIRC), then changing it shouldn't be too hard, just use a heat-shrinkable crimp connector instead of solder - a connection made with solder-only is succeptible to breakage from vibration - especially a poorly soldered connection. Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)