upholstery questions - 98 A4

Couple of questions about the upholstery on a 1998 Audi A4. The cloth covered strip that outlines the front door windows - the one on the passenger side started to droop this morning. I tried
pushing it back up thinking something fell out of a groove but that did no good. It doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than looks, so I should be able to just glue it back up, careful not to let any glue ooze out on the glass or rubber weather seal. Any type of glue? It looks like there is a tiny rubber strip inside of the strip. It must be able to withstand heat in the summer, dry relatively fast so I don't have to hold the strip while it dries, and not seep through the fabric. Anything I should look for?
Second question, the seats are the "leatherette" that Audi had back then - which means leather looking vinyl I suspect. On the driver's seat there is a 4-5" cut that I want to seal up. I'd bet a mechanic did it with a screwdriver in his back pocket but I didn't notice it for several months after my last service. I just want it to not rip further. It is light beige. Any type of repair/mend kit that works well on this that I'd have a prayer of getting a close color on?
--
Ed H.

http://www.bizrate.com/automotivecare/products__keyword--auto+upholstery+repair+kit.html