ur quattro or S2

Just been offered a ur quattro for around 6,500 pounds, I know its going to be costly to keep it in shape, but its fair to say that it would be a labour
of love. However, I understand that the S2 has the same engine/turbo 4x4 etc ( although its fair to say with added improvements). Should I go for the ur quattro, or given that the S2 is newer and of the same power and speed, buy an S2. Is it just a different body shape...or am I missing the point. Advice and comments would be much appreciated.
Spence

labour
etc
ur
buy
Advice
Hi! The old Quattro is not galvanized while the S2 is. I know one guy with the old Quattro and he had to repair a few holes in the body due to rust. Moreover I think the old Quattro had no ABS? That would be one additional reason to chose the S2 instead of the Quattro. Just my $ 0.02
Best regards. Giovanni Tarantino Bevaix (NE) Switzerland 1997 BMW 535i 210,000 km (130,000 miles) - Some rust 1997 Audi A4 2.8 Q 213,000 km (132,000 miles) - No rust

That's true.

It would be, but it isn't true. The ur-quattro did have ABS.
Regards
Jonathan
message de

You've got a point: It was standard starting from the 1984 model : http://www.quat.de/quat.de/audi_quattro/index.htm
G. Tarantino
Depends if you want THE Audi quattro, or another fast car made by Audi... The urq is a fair bit lighter than the S2 and handles better.
Jim.

The UR will hold it's value better long term, generally been better looked after by more enthusiastic owner(s).... BUT is older so look for any UR specific parts you'll need to replace and cost these in...some hard to find or very costly...but u prob know that..