Urgent advice please.Audi 80 1800 cylinder head replacement.

I have a 1990 Audi 80 1800 injection with a shot cylinder head on it.I also have a 1987 audi 80 1800 with a carburettor on it.WHAT I want to know is can I fit the cylinder head from the earlier one onto the later block and
still use the fuel inj system?? I am in the u.k. can anyone help?
whare are you based in the u.k ? see www.audicd.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk and email me the details . i.e how do you know it is the head and not the head gasket ? (jged35 link for email )