US version Audi A3 - test drive

Don't kow about you folks, but I'm getting rid of my 03 Honda Accord V6 EX to get Audi A3!
Took it for a spin this Saturday and... well, you just gotta try it
yourself. Handling is increadable, acceleration is incredable. I tried before the BWM 3 series, Acura RDX - nothing can come close.
Do yourself a favor - take this car for a test drive.

Heh... this is exactly what I said when I drove an A4 1.8T quattro back in 2001. Soon after it replaced my '00 Accord EX V6, aka "the boat."
Does the A3 in the US have the haldex or just plain FWD for now?
Cheers,
Pete

From memory, YMMV...
FWD, 1.8T "petrol TDI" (forget the new name) only. The VR6 is due sometime in November <?>. Think it'll be FWD only too.
Mark '95 Jetta GLS ?07 Audi A3? (never buy the first year ;)
On Mon, 9 May 2005, Mark Randol wrote:

My local dealer (upstate New York) tells me that both V6 and quattro are coming in October.
-s
"Mark Randol" wrote

I thought that was 2.0 FSI, no?
Cheers,
Pete

Yes indeed.
Nice car, but with leather, roof and tax it'll set you back $30K.
Americans won't pay $30K for a hatchback. Ask BMW and Mercedes
I dunno, I think it will fare better than either the Merc or the BMW. Being a 4-door will help, and I think that it will have a nice niche. They're not looking to sell hundreds of thousands of them - I think they're looking at 20 - 30k. Too bad they don't offer quattro right off the bat, though, I could see a lot of people looking to get out of their small SUV's that would like the better gas mileage but still want awd.... It's getting generally good reviews in the auto mags.
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA