Used 2000 Audi A4 Quarttro

Good Morning,

I am currently in the process of buying a used 2000 A4 Quarttro for

around $12950.00 with roughly 64,000 miles. Was wondering if anyone had

any advice/oppions on this car and or mechanic to look at in the SF Bay

area.

Thanks,

Todd

Reply to
tfg20

2.8L or 1.8T

control arms sludge on 1.8T timing belt/water pump/tensioner (primarily 1.8T)

Reply to
Curtis Newton

"timing belt/water pump/tensioner (primarily 1.8T)" applies to both engines. Must be done before scheduled intervals, costs quite a bit and a failure to either engine is catastrophic (read $$$$+)

5 speed or auto?

It better be very good for that price. Seems high. I got my 98.5 1.8 turbo, quattro, manual with after market APR 1bar chip for $9,300 over a year ago with

62K.

Curtis Newt> On 28 Mar 2006 12:30:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: >

Reply to
Tony

Thank you both for the responses. It's a manual and the water pump has already been replaced. It's also a 2.8L.

Reply to
tfg20

Oil leaks !!!! Cam adjuster seals especially.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding

the timing (cam) belt is the important bit.....

Reply to
Name