Used 2000 Audi A4 Quarttro

Good Morning,
I am currently in the process of buying a used 2000 A4 Quarttro for
around $12950.00 with roughly 64,000 miles. Was wondering if anyone had
any advice/oppions on this car and or mechanic to look at in the SF Bay
area.
Thanks,
Todd
On 28 Mar 2006 12:30:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

2.8L or 1.8T
control arms sludge on 1.8T timing belt/water pump/tensioner (primarily 1.8T)
"timing belt/water pump/tensioner (primarily 1.8T)" applies to both engines. Must be done before scheduled intervals, costs quite a bit and a failure to either engine is catastrophic (read $$$$+)
5 speed or auto?
It better be very good for that price. Seems high. I got my 98.5 1.8 turbo, quattro, manual with after market APR 1bar chip for $9,300 over a year ago with 62K.
Curtis Newton wrote:

Thank you both for the responses. It's a manual and the water pump has already been replaced. It's also a 2.8L.

Oil leaks !!!! Cam adjuster seals especially.
Richard

the timing (cam) belt is the important bit.....