V6 longevity?

Hello all, new to group, I am considering purchasing a used audi mid to late 90's w/ v6 powerplant. Are there websites or sources that can help me determine longevity of this engine, problems associated w/ certain years,
etc? Thanx to all in advance, andy
http://audi12v.home.comcast.net / These used to be very good: http://www.12v.org/index.html I believe its no longer in the air.
"andy" <trifox13atcovaddotnet> schreef in bericht

late
I forgot to tell, My 2.6E lasted 180.000 miles before it blew its headgasket. Also, the catalic converters were up for replacement. Beware for noisy hydraulic lifters. I believe there is a relation between noisy lifters and oil change and oil quality. If the timing belt has to be changed, also change the waterpump, thermostat and tension wheels.