VAG

I have to have dealer service(airbag light on) and don't want to sound too dumb. How is VAG pronounced? Is is spelled out like Vee Ayy Gee or is it a word-vag. Is it a diag tool or what. TIA

I believe that it is a three letter acronym for Volkswagen Automotive Group, hence VAG. There are many different tools produced by VAG and used by dealerships. There is also an aftermarket diagnostic tool called VAG-COM produced by Ross Tech. Here is their site http://ross-tech.com / HTH G

No need to. Just ask them to reset the warning light.
Ronald
It is pronounced VeeAyGee and stands for Volkswagen Aktien Gesellschaft.
R@L wrote:

Surely if it was VeeAyGee it would be spelt V.A.G. Personally I just say the word and anyone else I've heard has also said this.

It can be pronounced "vee ay gee", if you prefer. But I and many other people find it perfectly acceptable to say it like one would the word "bag". So take your pick. Neither option is incorrect.
Rob 2002 A4 3.0Q
Well, If I may offer this ... the German pronounciation of Volkswagen sounds in English like Folks Vagen.(the "a" is soft like Saab) So if a V takes on an F type sound, wouldn't VAG be pronounced something like Faag? This could be plausible depending on what region you are in I guess, and way off base in some others. Just a thought.. - Len