VAG

I have to have dealer service(airbag light on) and don't want to sound too dumb. How is VAG pronounced? Is is spelled out like Vee Ayy Gee or is it a word-vag. Is it a diag tool or what. TIA

Reply to
Dennis W

Glenn Spence

No need to. Just ask them to reset the warning light.

Ronald

It is pronounced VeeAyGee and stands for Volkswagen Aktien Gesellschaft.

Reply to
reply

Surely if it was VeeAyGee it would be spelt V.A.G. Personally I just say the word and anyone else I've heard has also said this.

Reply to
Graham

It can be pronounced "vee ay gee", if you prefer. But I and many other people find it perfectly acceptable to say it like one would the word "bag". So take your pick. Neither option is incorrect.

Rob

2002 A4 3.0Q
Reply to
+ Rob +

Well, If I may offer this ... the German pronounciation of Volkswagen sounds in English like Folks Vagen.(the "a" is soft like Saab) So if a V takes on an F type sound, wouldn't VAG be pronounced something like Faag? This could be plausible depending on what region you are in I guess, and way off base in some others. Just a thought.. - Len

Reply to
Len S.