VAG-COM - CORRECT SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS

Audi A4 2002
I have got one of the KKL Vag-Com Cables and downloaded the software, can any one confirm which is the correct software version i should be using
with a Serial connection?? When i try to do a connect test when connected to the car it does not find the car. (the power led on the lead lights up to show theres power) but does not connect.
Also do you know where i can download all the drivers for the lead for the PC, i got a CD with them on and instructions etc but i most of spent at least 10 hours trying to get it to work./. maybe a new version of software and new driver will do the trick!..
Thanks!!
www.ross-tech.com

Hi Rick,.
Did you get the cable off eBay? if so, some times they don't see all the modules when you connect it to your laptop, The version of VAG-COM you need is 311.2 this is the version for 3rd party cables and you can use the demo ok http://www.ross-tech.net/vag-com/download/4468/Release3112n.exe
You can unlock the software by looking on the internet "not that I would do a thing like that" :)
I find the 3rd party cables don't see a few of my modules, so I am trying to find a way round that, it may just be my laptop, but will let you know.
Cheers
Ronny

This is most likely because the interface you have only implements a single K line. Most recent Audis use two 'K' lines and an 'L' line for full diagnostics.
Of course, the very latest cars have diagnostics on CAN bus.