Vag-Com Software Help

Anybody use Vag-Com software often or at all? I bought a KKL USB for my '00 Audi A4 Quattro and I hooked it up and got some fault codes. The thing is it wouldn't let me reset the codes. Is there away to get around paying the couple hundred bucks? Appreciate it.

Reply to
<someone

What software/version are you using?

I bought a KKL on ebay that was supposed to work with Ross-Tech v.311 or v.409, but I it would work only with the earlier version. Haven't resolved the issue with the seller yet, but so far he has been good about responding to me and says he will either replace it or give me a refund.

I had no problem clearing the codes though even with the non-registered software. You can't clear individual codes. You have to clear them all for a particular module.

I think you need to give more details. If you are clearing them with the car running they may be triggered again so it may only look like you haven't cleared them.

Reply to
Art M

You should be able to clear codes with the free version of Vag-Com (I could). Also, for the record since you already have a hardware interface you like, becoming completely registered and having full featured VagCom (with support) is $100.

-Arthur P.S. if you still can't get it to work, email me privately and I'll walk you through it.

snipped-for-privacy@somedoma> Anybody use Vag-Com software often or at all? I bought a KKL USB for

Reply to
Arthur Russell

You should be able to clear codes with the free version of Vag-Com (I could). Also, for the record since you already have a hardware interface you like, becoming completely registered and having full featured VagCom (with support) is $100.

-Arthur P.S. if you still can't get it to work, email me privately and I'll walk you through it.

snipped-for-privacy@somedomain.com.invalid wrote: > Anybody use Vag-Com software often or at all? I bought a KKL USB for > my '00 Audi A4 Quattro and I hooked it up and got some fault codes. > The thing is it wouldn't let me reset the codes. Is there away to > get around paying the couple hundred bucks? Appreciate it. >

Reply to
Arthur Russell